Wednesday, November 29, 2006

the walk to work

I've posted a similar pic to this before... taken from my bathroom window (when it was raining so much this past summer). This one is from the road, near my building.
It is two way traffic along here.
The brick building is part of the English Village that I live near. To get to work, I either turn right before the English Village (onto a one way),or walk straight ahead, past the front of the complex, and turn right at the other corner of it all.

They just finished doing a bit of work on under the road. I'm not sure exactly what they were doing. While they are doing work, even with open pits, people still walk around it, between the machines and the wall, or where ever possible. This bit is supposed to be one way, going the opposite direction.

2 comments:

Organica said...

It's weird. This might sound so ignorent from a girl who has traveled a lot. But it's weird to feel that Korea is normal to what we are used to. These pictures give me the feeling that I can indeed live there. It might just be your excellent photography skills.

laura said...

Korea is very different from home... Some things are similar. They really do try to be western/modern. I guess it all depends on how open minded you are. I know some people who had a really hard time here and complained about everything.
On photography skills... well, I just take pictures. A good camera helps. :D