Friday, June 30, 2006

planning...

I have decided that I want to go to Shanghai for my 7 day vacation (I don't have a full week/two weekend vacation, I have two half weeks around one weekend... unfortunately). I have been looking at prices and such. I will probably go on a Korean tour. The tours are advertised in the newspapers here. The trips include flights, hotels, tours and such, and cost less, or the same as the flight tickets alone. Not sure how that works, but that is the way it is. I am working out a way to do a 3 or 4 day tour and then extend the flight home to a few days later, in order to have some time to explore either more of Shanghai, or to the surrounding towns/what ever. Some tour companies will not extend the flights, as they have small private flights. Another (a 399000 won, 4 night tour) says I have to pay an extra 150000 won to change the flights from the set tour dates. Even then, it is around the cost of the flights alone. Of course, I will also have to pay my own way for the hotels for the extra nights. My boss has been looking, and phoning around for me, trying to find the best deals. I have such a great boss.

No comments: