Monday, May 29, 2006

Wooil Kindergarten (Yoochiwon)

I work at a Korean kindergarten school. I described it a bit in a previous entry, so I won't give all the details again.

The name of the school is Wooil Kindergarten or Wooil Yoochiwon (that is about how it is pronounced). Wooil's website is all in Korean, but if you can access it and go into the second link on the menu along the top, you can access some little video clips on what goes on in the school. There are five in total. They were all from before I started, but it will give you an idea of what the kindy schools are like here.
The school is right beside a grassy field (with a walking path) that goes through the area. Right now, at the school, there are several kinds of baby birds. I am not sure exactly what they all are, but there are baby chickens, and I think baby turkeys and quails. The chickens and turkeys are in a little cage out front and the quails are in a little heated incubator type thing just inside the entry. There are more eggs in the incubator, which I think are goose eggs.
The English Hagwon (academy/private school) that I work in is linked to the kindergarten. The name is LCC. It is about a 1 minute walk from the front door of the kindy school. I took the pic of the kindy school about half-way to LCC.

My classroom.

Harry, Julie, Brian and Anne.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Hi Laura,

I'm not sure if your blog is totally inactive so I hope you'll see this. I'm thinking of taking a job at Wooil, and it's tough to find any information on it outside of your blog. I would love to ask you some questions if you have the time! Email me at ducke1dp@cmich.edu.