Wednesday, May 17, 2006

acupuncture

Somehow, on the weekend, I hurt my ankle. It might have just been from walking and running in the sand. I didn't twist it or anything, but Sunday morning when I woke up, I could barely move it. It has only gotten worse since then. Yesterday I headed to the doctor. I don't mind acupuncture, but when they put the needles into places that are already sore, it REALLY hurts!! I had a few needles in each ankle, and a few in my left wrist. I went back for some more again today. It hasn't made a difference, yet. It sucks because I still have to walk everywhere, and go up and down stairs. And, when working with so many little kids, it is hard not to play around with them. I often end up with a bunch of little ones attached at the ankles.

Hopefully I will be able to walk normally again by the weekend. I have some shopping to do. I need to find a ball gown. I am going to the Queen's birthday ball on June 3rd in Seoul, put on by the British Embassy. It is a very formal event, obviously. I am not sure how lucky I will be at finding a dress, though, as the options for normal sized people in Korea are limited. I might have to have something made. Either way, I don't have much time to get it all together. The ball is in two weeks!!!

No comments: