Sunday, September 17, 2006

baseball

Yesterday I had a great day. I met up with 3 of my Korean friends for brunch in Itaewon. I worked with all 3 of them the last time I was in Korea. We went to Suji's. The food there is sooooooooooo good. It isn't cheap, but the servings are well worth it. We shared 3 dishes: blueberry pancakes, Suji's omelet, and eggs Benedict on English muffins. We were all stuffed and didn't even manage to finish it all. Ally then had to run. She had a date. Jay and Clara and I went to do a little shopping in Itaewon, then Clara had to go. She and her husband were going to another province for the rest of the weekend. Jay and I then headed for Yongsan. We were going to go to a movie, but for some strange reason, there were NO English movies playing. The only English movie showing at the theater was after midnight. Strange for a theater in a very foreigner dominated area in the city. Anyway. Instead, we had our palms read and then I had a manicure. Jay wanted to use up the rest of her membership at the little nail shop there, and INSISTED that I get a manicure. How can I argue with that???
When we finished at the mall, we picked up her sister and the three of us went to a baseball game at the Jamsil sports complex. It was the Doosan Bears vs the Kia Tigers. We cheered for the Tigers, as they are Jay and her sister's hometown team. The Tigers won. Yay!!! It was a good game to go see. The away team fans greatly outnumbered the home team fans. Not sure why that is.

No comments: