Sunday, March 19, 2006

St. Patricks day and such..

Well... I had a pretty good weekend. Friday night I went up to Ilsan, near where I used to live, to meet some friends that I hadn't seen since I left Korea almost a year ago. Kieran and Dairin are an Irish couple that have been in Korea for about as long as I have been (on and off). They got back from some travelling not too long ago. They hosted a little St. Patty's day party at their place. I was surprised that so many of my friends are still around. A lot have left, though, and there were a few new faces. As I mentioned before, most people only stick around for their one year contract and then move on, so things are always changing.
After the little party, we all moved on to a club in Ilsan called Soul Train... a mostly foreigners dance club. Great fun. Haven't done that in a while. I crashed on Anthony's sofa at around 6:30 or so in the morning.... a fairly normal time in Korea on the weekend.
Saturday night was another big party night. An Irish pub in Seoul hosts a huge all you can eat all you can drink (Guinness on tap, draft beer, wine or some sort of cocktail punch) party every year for St. Patty's day (for 60,000 won). Most of my friends were there, as well, of course.
I spent all day today cleaning... and cleaning... and shopping... and cleaning... and shopping... and cleaning. The shopping part I dont' mind, at all.... but I HATE cleaning. Still trying to make my place look half decent (as I mentioned before (I think) it was DIRTY when I moved in). It is taking a while, as there is so much to do, and my back complains if I do too much at a time.
:(
poor me.

No comments: