Tuesday, March 14, 2006

cleaning??? Ugh.

At my hagwon (my afternoon school) I have my own classroom. What that means is that I have a desk in the corner and I start out each group of classes in that room. It also means that I get to clean it every Tuesday: vacuum, mop, dust, etc. fun stuff.
I taught my first day at the kindy school today. It went okay, but I still don't quite know what I am doing. No one could really tell me, because no one really knew. I am to read a book and sing songs with the students, but the book is to last a week, I think. The book takes maybe 5 minutes to get through... and that is stretching it. I don't know the songs yet, so that doesn't help. It is not actually all that easy to fill even 15 minutes. I had to improvise a bit. Really, though, it doesn't really matter what I do, as long as I am speaking English, and the students aren't falling asleep. I also wasn't at all prepared for today... I had the wrong books until about 2 minutes before I started, and I don't have any breaks until after I go through 8 classes.
Oh.. and there are classrooms on the 3rd floor as well as the outside (roof) playground. I will never remember all of the students names at the kindy, because there are so many in each class and I don't really have enough time with them (except for those that go to the hagwon afterwards). It is a good thing that they all wear name tags!!!!!

No comments: