Wednesday, October 03, 2007

La Tavola

La Tavola is an excellent Italian restaurant in Itaewon (123 33 Itaewon 1 Dongsan Gu Seoul, Korea). It is not cheap, but it is definitely worth it. The pizzas are all thin crust, made it a big wood fired brick oven and are served on wooden platters. I've been there 3 times now and loved it every time. Can't go too often, though, as it doesn't help the budget.Insalata Mista - Mixed Seasonal Salad and Fresh Tomato (8,000 Won): Not bad. The dressing and vegetables were slightly different each time.They have Canada Dry GingerAle, though a bit pricy. For some reason, it isn't very easy to find here. When ever I think of it, I am reminded of Egypt, though. When ever I told anyone in Egypt that I was Canadian, the first thing they said was "Canada Dry Never Die". Strange that in the entire 3 months that I spent there, I only saw it once, at one little hole in the wall convenience store.Pizza Vegetariana - green peppers, mushrooms, black olives, onions, fresh spinach, mozzarella, tomato sauce (18,000 Won): excellent.
I also love their Pizza Ai Funghi - button mushrooms, mozzarella, tomato sauce (16,000 Won)Mousse al Cioccolato e Cioccolato Bianco - Chocolate Mousse with White Chocolate: When it first came out, I was thinking "It is SO SMALL!!!" It is not cheap, but it is SO worth it. It is quite rich, so anything bigger would have been too much.
They have a very well layed out website, including the full menu, if you want to see more.

1 comment:

Organica said...

the pizza looks great!