Monday, October 15, 2007

jobless and homeless

Well... This sucks.
For now I am jobless and homeless. My life here is all in boxes stacked up in a friend's home in Seoul. As her home is only one small room, my stuff is taking up about half of it. : I'm sleeping on the floor space that is left.
I'm applying for many jobs and going on a few interviews here and there. I'm sticking to those I can find within Seoul.
Some offers are for starting ASAP, some don't start until anywhere from early to late November. Anything after that is way too late for me.
I'll let you know when I do finally get a job and new home.
It is depressing having to live out of a suitcase.

2 comments:

Basil Epicurus said...

Hmmmm...I've done that and can confirm that it sucks the proverbial testicular. Hang in there, though, things turn around in a hurry and usually, a run of good luck needs to be preceded by a stroke of adversity.

I know this is funny coming from me, but stay positive:)

Anonymous said...

Laura, imagine finding you in such dire circumstances. What brought you to being in Soeul anyway. I admire you. Do keep us all updated on what happens to you.
I am no longer teaching and have missed it terribly but getting into contact with so many of my former students is just the ticket.
My cousin and I travelled in India last January for 4 weeks and we had such a wonderful time. I'm sure it was made bettere because we had no husbands or kids with us so we were like a couple of teenagers.
Hope things will settle down for you. Love Carol Bustin