Thursday, August 24, 2006

caterpillars...

The other day I was on my way to Itaewon to visit the chiropractor. I got off the bus to transfer to the subway. It is a little bit of a walk down and then around the corner. As I was walking along, I noticed that the sidewalk was covered in little furry caterpillars... white hairs. I thought nothing of it until I heard shrieking behind me. Then a shrieking girl went running past me. Well, she wasn't really running. It made me think of someone realizing they were standing in an ant hill and had ants going up their legs, with the sounds to go along with it. It amused me, anyway. She carried on like that all the way to the corner, where the trees (and the caterpillared part of the sidewalk) ended. And the whole way, she had her cellphone to her ear. I can't imagine what the person on the other end of the line was thinking.

No comments: